Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The God who answers even before I ask!!!

Isaiah 65: 2: Even before they call, I will answer, and while they are still speaking, I will hear. I am learning to trust and be patient in the Lord always. As a human being, I admit my faith life has its ups and downs even though my experiences have taught and continues to teach me there is absolutely no need to worry. I know that is God and He is fully alive but at times in our lives, He seems to be silent. I have learnt to stay close and watch Him display His power in my life as I trust and walk by faith not by sight. But am only human and I have my weaknesses just as anyone because I want things to be done and to happen at my timing. At times I get so blinded by worry that I do not even recognise that the very provision I am craving for has already been taken care of. I once had an encounter with a man while preparing to board an airplane. We got into a conversation about the work I do and he became genuinely interested in my career and started telling about projects we could do together. I took his contact before we parted ways. About 2 months later, I called him and then begun a formal relationship with his outfit. But then the storms of life set in and I began looking elsewhere for greener pastures. It took me a while to realise there was more value maintaining the first relationship than looking elsewhere. You see, God knew trouble was coming so he made me meet this man to prepare for what was ahead. In my state of worry, I was unable to clearly understand this dynamic until things began to blossom. There have been several examples in the past where I will go down on my knees literally begging for certain favours which have already been given to me. Like the stubborn Israelites in the wilderness, we expect manna to fall from heaven physically and naturally!! We love the supernatural. Surely, God works in us and for us through our relationships with other human beings. Some have experienced supernatural provisions like the Prophet Elijah who was fed by ravens; Jesus' miracle when water was turned into wine at the feast and more. Yes, I believe in all these accounts in the bible by faith. But one thing is clear: you don't have to over depend on provisions from these relationships the Lord provides and neglect the very being who makes it all happen. From my experience, I have realised that every relationship has a season attached to it. Some might be for the short term while some might be for the long term. The person who comes to support today with a timely piece of advice, comfort or awards you a contract might turn you down tomorrow. Some might even become jealous or envious of your achievements later. Yes, it happens!! God can use anybody to provide a breakthrough. He releases your helpers and the "forces of the gentiles" for his work when and how he wants it. Yours is to keep your focus on your Maker and not indulge in materialism to the detriment of your relationship with God. I am by no means saying it's wrong for anybody to amass wealth. But it is this same God who even grants you good health to enjoy the very wealth you make! Some have wealth and riches yet have no peace at home or work. It is the Lord your God who gives you wealth and adds no sorrows to it. For as long as your focus is on the Lord and you commit your ways to him, “Even before they call, I will answer, and while they are still speaking, I will hear.” And Oh! Even when we were yet sinners, God sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for us. He is an amazing God! God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment